Sunday, January 08, 2006

Books and I

So now I have been tagged about the books I read.
The culprit being Prashant again. However I have taken my own sweet time in getting around to doing it.

My interest in reading was a result of my mother telling me stories (mostly from the Bible or biographies of people like William Carey)

So I started my reading with the Children's Bible when I was 5-6 and quickly to the New International Version (NIV) when I was in my second class(7 years).
Then I went on to reading the newpapers(Indian Express and sometimes the Hindu). There was Sportstar and India Today too with Frontline making an appearance once in a while.

Then I discovered Tinkle and a little later Enid Blyton.
My train journeys(which used to take place pretty frequently) were occasions for me to get more and more material to read.
Once I started reading novels from my 5th there was no stopping me.
And fortunately for me I got to spend one year at England during my schooling and when I was there during my seventh I used to read something like 10 books in a week(leaving out the comics)
I have to thank my brother however for bringing home my first PG Wodehouse,'The Head of Kay's'.He didn't read it and still doesn't read PGW but he got me hooked to PGW by bringing the book from the school library.
Fast forward to the Present and books are the only things which I love going shopping for(must be the case with most boys).But it has been sometime since I have gone shopping for books(almost 3 months now). And my dad keeps buying books too though all of them are spiritual or are aobut trends in theology and worldviews .

So now coming to the details of the tag.

1)Books that I own: NO idea.And the books I wud inherit :WOW!

2)Last book I read: The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel(I am reading currently) along with Father Brown stories.

3)Last book I bought: Actually I bought 3-4. but lets say, 'The Late Great Planet Earth'

4)Books that mean a lot to me: This list could go on and on!

*'What's So Amazing About Grace?' by Philip Yancey. I can read this book N number of times and still read it again.One book I would give to all my friends if I had copies.

*Skeptic's Quest: Biography of Josh McDowell(one of my favourite authors and my role model)

*PG Wodehouse's books, my favourite wpuld be hard to decide but I would settle for Psmith.

*Josh McDowell's books.

*Philip Yancey's books: Especially 'Disappointment with God' and 'Where is God when It hurts'

*The Fountainhead

*The Idiot by Dosteovoesky(hope I got the spelling right)

*Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome: too good

*Not forgetting to mention Asterix and Tintin.
And no I haven't finished yet but I can't be bothered to type any more.

1 comment:

Shrutz said...

I love Psmith too!
And Mike too