Friday, April 13, 2007

A post which would have made sense two months ago, doesn't make any now, so is short

There are times when things keep reminding us that there is a child inside every one of us. It shows in unexpected ways and different ways on different occasions for different people(GLOBE!!!). Anyways in this case the person I am referring to is none other than yours truly. The occasion being my first trip to Delhi. It was a journey that I decided to look forward (after quite a bit of cribbing about not getting Hyderabad as my summers location). I wouldn't be wrong in saying that it was a case of a boy looking forward to the big city. In my case waiting to be awed and I guess you know what would happen in case the person has already visited a few other big cities. Much as I would like to finish it off in a paragraph and spare you the agony of the whole post, I feel that a little elaboration wouldn't hurt you much and would do me a lot of good (overcoming a bit more of my companion -laziness).

The previous paragraph was written more than 3 months back and I have been too lethargic to post anything here.

To finish off the theme of that post, I didn't like Gurgaon. Delhi is ok but not a place I would choose to live. There is absolutely nothing which you wouldn't find in any other major city. I would say that I was distinctly underwhelmed.

On the other hand I got to visit Mumbai again and absolutely loved the place. The city has a personality. More helpful people, you can go anywhere at anytime, no one interferes, no random fights, great transport system, pretty good weather, I could go on and on and on.

But I guess no one cares what I think now and I guess even I am just trying to make this a post.
I think I will be posting a proper one sometime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometime soon?? it's been ages since you started telling tht!!! better do a proper one real soon ok...thr are millions anticipating :-)...

Circumspect observer trying to be one handed economist said...

Dude, Mumbai Rocks! I so want to be back again.