Thursday, November 01, 2007

'Happy Days' and then a little more

I had work to do and I really am not into movies and definitely not into Telugu ones ( actually the fingers of one hand will be enough to count the number i have watched). When I came to know that we were having a screening of a Telugu movie in the auditorium I shouldn't have given it a second thought. But in keeping with the trends I have been exhibiting this term, I went to watch this movie called 'Happy Days' and I tell you the title is definitely not misleading. It was a breeze and nice fun in the way only telugu movies can. I guess each language has its specialty which allows for movies to be made the way they are. The movie as such was almost unadulterated fun with reality being hit for a six and for once I didn't mind. The movie wasn't what one would call a master-piece. However it touched a chord within me because it reminded of the time in engineering college. I think with a few modifications that movie could have been about me and my friends (ok not a few but loads). We had a great time and I do miss college to a certain extent.

A short (or rather long depending on what one would call a 2-3 km stroll) walk after that had me pondering about the nature of progress that we make in life. I wondered what if I knew then what I know today? Life would have been different for sure but would it have been better? Anyways what do I know today that really would have made such a big difference? All said and done it the experience of dealing with different types of people and the ensuing difficulties which impart one with the most knowledge. The question which keeps popping in my mind is what if i could turn the clock back? Pointless question I know but it sort of gave me a better picture of what I am today. The choices I made which have cut off some options for me but which has allowed me to become this person with whom I am almost totally comfortable. Should that be traded for something else?

3 comments:

Robin said...

Time in excess is always a luxury that makes men to ponder... Hmm. that is cool... So some good movies have started coming out of Tollywood.. that is news.. :)

Anonymous said...

Sajeev first paragraph about the movie was good. Movie was really good. College gurtu vachindi naaku kooda

But 2nd paragraph was very confusing.
:)

Rama Rao

Anonymous said...

Din't watch de movie so cant comment on the first paragraph...but the questions (accused to be confusing :-)) in para 2 are worth ponderin over...

thanks for de thot!!!