Thursday, February 09, 2006

An update on my preparation(???)

While the fact that I haven't blogged for a long time is in some part due to the fact that I am lazy(ok not partly but wholly) , it is also down to the fact that I have been trying to prepare(if such a thing is possible) for my interviews(Some of you might ask what about the GDs but I have realised that it is pretty much inconsequential and I have stopped going to TIME, maybe I will go after I get beaten up in GD for IIM Indore).

I have had one mock interview which was a disaster.

However I have enjoyed the experience so far. As has been already pointed out I think a lot even when I don't have to. But now that I am being forced to think and try to crystallize the thoughts, I am enjoying the experience. Each day is either a struggle or a breeze. Massive mood shifts occur as I keep thinking and try to keep going.
Things do seem overwhelming, there is so much to learn and read. And there doesn't seem to be an objectively perfect answer to the question of why MBA? It is something which is doesn't sound that good when I say it aloud even though I know why I want to do it(intuitively and otherwise). Ok for those of you interested in knowing this is why.
I usually see the big picture when confronted with a problem and in general look at thing from various points of views I enjoy working with people and ideas rather than the very useful(but irritating) machine in front of me. .And I also have to make a living(unfortunate but true).So as I evaluate my options I think management is something which I would really enjoy.(Ofcourse I would also get a proper pay but that doesn't matter). I also am analytical and also those things as a result of my engineering degree so I would be well equipped with the qualities a manager needs.

So thats how things have been going!
In the process, I have had friends who have been listening to me and trying to encourage(if that is possible).
So the mindset that I have decided to have is this: I am nervous but not bothered. I desparately want to get into an IIM and do my MBA(rather PGDM) but if I am not good enough so be it.It is totally the will of God if I get into an IIM or not.

The task at hand seems to be overwhelming but whatever happens I think it is an experience worth having.(Hope I will be able to say this after the whole process is over!)

No comments: