Thursday, June 01, 2006

on being balanced

A balanced look at any issue would be the optimal way to solve problems arising from it. An objective view allows for an answer which gives satisfaction to everyone involved in the process. Being unbiased gives one much more room to maneovre and look at pros and cons of both sides of the coin.
Even in today's society, a balanced person is more appreciated and held in higher esteem than one who is prone to bais. I guess the advantages involved are bit obvious. When pure reason is held higher than emotions and reasons of the heart, we would have a world which is much easier to understand.
However there are a few issues which are not so clear. For example, how balanced should one be so as to be balancedly balanced. Can someone put so much of emphasis on being balanced so as to become imbalanced with regard to balance.While one could possibly be perfectly perfect, being balancedly balanced seems an impossibilty because of the very nature of being balanced.The dilemma is perhaps about the balance to be struck between being reasonable and irreasonably reasonable because of human nature being more than just 'reason'. There is also the question of just how much emotion to show. There are times when we just let instincts take control. However that is also a crucial factor in being balanced since the suppression of emotions for too long a period could lead to disturbing the equilibrium of the person as a whole.

As I ponder there are lot of things which come to the mind which are prescriptive and I don't particularly think that I of all people should be prescribing something as a thing to be practiced. As I keep typing the very nature of the matter baffles me since it is ambigous and will be contradictory the moment I put it down. So I would finish off this peice much shorter than I originally thought. Probably the secret to being balanced is allowing oneself to be imbalanced once in a while(in a balanced manner???)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

most logically-illogical and clearly-confusing post I have ever read. What is this balancedly balanced????????? I remember one of my friends saying 2D declared while playing cricket when I read this.