Sunday, June 11, 2006

Thanks for a great time.

This summer has been one which I have thoroughly enjoyed insipid of having to go to office and lingering disappointment which now has stopped surfacing hull's someone brings up the issue. My parents had gone out for most of the time and my brother was at home and we had a whale of a time. My cousin who finished his twelfth had joined us too in the party that we had. While describing all the experiences is beyond my limited abilities and I don't have many pictures to post, there are a few things I would like to mention and a few people I would like to thank.

The reason being the football that we could play. We had this whole gang of around 10 to 12 and Saturday mornings were great. As were Sunday evenings! There could be no greater feeling of freedom and exhilaration than that of playing football in the rain. Absolutely great!!! And to follow that up with servings of mirchi and masala vada, with music accompaniment if one wished for it! I guess I would give more description as I keeping mentioning names.

First up would be Sandeep, my brother who got everyone together and organized and planned everything. From the idea of playing to the trips, most of the things were his ideas. And the best part was the entertainment with football, he was on the opposite team most of the time but I enjoyed being on his team. He almost always scored when he wanted to. I am privileged to have such a brother(I guess there are times when we all have a go at younger siblings but I keep thinking at times I know him even before he was born!)

Then there is Johnson 'the wall'(in footballing terms, so that means that whoever went in against him inevitably had to take the fall, ofcourse there were honorable exceptions which needn't be mentioned here!). He is someone who is always ready to help(and that is the one of the grossest understatements of my life)

Benny, awesome player, can dribble real well and always ready to play. He was willing to come at 12 in the noon just because I had to fulfill my whim of playing football that day as I had some other things lined up for later that evening. Great fun to be with and to quote him as he describes himself, "in one word 'cool'"

Then next on the list would be Vamshi, my brothers school mate and his brother Vimal, who not just added numbers but gave variety to the skill on display.

Sudeep, my cousin, enjoyed his time with us too. The best description I can give is one that an uncle of mine uttered ,"nee voolu antha etkaram"(when translated it means something on the lines of 'your whole body is filled with sarcasm'. He did help with the cooking and stuff around the house. And provided laughter on football field with regular mistakes.Talking of mistakes leads me to Rohit, whose being on the team seemed to boost the opposition but Sandeep did say that he could do a job if given clear instructions. However he is pretty enthusiastic and lends some of the variety needed to make the fun complete.

There was Arpan who joined us 2 times, he got so excited about playing football, he went off to buy a ball without even asking us(that he didn't seem to find it is another matter).

Paul, who played goalkeeper and whose size allowed him to perform a good job, managed to ignore the jibes and provided more entertainment of the comical error variety(ofcourse Rohit and Sudeep would rank way above him but still)

Sam, who was I guess the youngest but never let it show. He joined us on our night together in the house when we had a riot. And he liked to play defence but I think he would useful on the wing too.

Then there is Leena, she has to be seen to believed. Full of energy and towards the end picked up the nuances of football too pretty well. She was usually the last to feel tired and nothing seemed to faze her. Balls hitting her with force, clashing of heads for balls in the air and tackling did seem pretty routine for her. Atta girl! Way to go!!!

Beryl and Chrysolite did join us for the jaunt at Eat Street and the boat ride was fun too.

I seem to have left someone out. Hmm.. He played Defensive Midfield, tried to pass the ball(and was successful once in a while) and in general used to tire easily. However he enjoyed it to the hilt and is grateful for the time he had and would like to thank all involved in making this summer almost as good as the summers in Kotagiri!

No comments: