Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A wee little bit about happiness???

This is probably going to be the most random of all my random postings on the blog since I am blogging this for no other reason but the fact that I stumbled on to the create post page and decided that I might as well do some writing(yeah right). So this is going to be one painful read(especially since I am some one who prefers not to eat to having to fix something for myself(meaning I am very lazy) and then I am considered a foodie by all the people who know me). The randomness might be getting to you already since you would fail to connect all that was written between the words predicting randomness and its confirmation.

Well, here goes.
I guess I am happy now. But what does that mean? How can I be happy? Is it just happiness or something more which allows me to be cheerful inspite of the circumstances. At times I feel that 'pursuit of happiness ' as an ideal is hyped and not actually as meaningful as happiness is something which is quite temporary. By very definition happiness is just about the moment. However, I guess it is the right word for our age which is about the 'instant'. Not that I am saying that it is a bad thing but it hides a lot of more meaningful things. I believe in living in the present but then for the present to have meaning the past and the future should make a contribution too.

So I find that being filled with joy is more important than just being happy at any moment of time. It allows you to have a much greater fulfillment. The way I see joy is something which is not dependent on circumstances while happiness is.

So why is happiness more sought after rather than joy? There are a number of reasons(but if look at it even more closely it is just one thing) but for the purpose of making this readable I would not like to state them here. I guess it is something which one can figure out for oneself if one is willing to spend the time thinking about it and make what is in my opinion a very worthy investment of time.

By this time you can probably figure that while I might have recovered to a great extent from the shocks of last week, I still am going be scarred for sometime now. However, I find there is a lot to rejoice about in life.

By the way, I have got loads of spare time on my hand and if anyone is willing to talk meaningfully about these things and anything else, I would be most willing to oblige you. Some might think that I am begging and if thats what you think so be it.

No comments: