Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The worst time of my life???

I recovered from the worst day of my life within 2 days and have cheered up to a great extent.
I have been given the kick by the IIMs(well almost). I am waitlisted 211 at Lucknow and I have not been numbered but waitlisted at Indore(Indore is another story altogether with me coming to know that I am waitlisted there only on Sunday. They had a major(rather minor) goof-up by confusing the mm and dd columns)
Well Wednesday, 12th April is officially now the worst day of my life so far. And exactly 8 years ago,1998 that is, I got baptised.
Well, I was expected to take it lightly and carry on but then I required some time to mourn. I find it rather strange that while a person who got a seat is supposed to party and be happy, someone who fails is supposed to take ti on the chin and move on as if nothing has happened. That was the logic which I gave to people who tried to cheer me up. I actually think that it was good for me that I didn't act normal(I think I have to be a different person to be able to do that). My aunt however said that someone is as mature as you are shouldn't be taking things this way and she got the same response.
But again as I look at it, the very fact that I consider this to be the worst part of my life probably means that I haven't been through much in life and that I am pretty raw and protected. I wish it wasn't like that bu thtat infact is the truth. So once again I learn that I am one lucky person.
A few observations about my self during that time which probably everyone goes through. I didn't want to talk to people but I wanted to talk to just a few persons. It is the sort of time when a shoulder around the arm is more appropriate than the words of wisdom(I admit that they are true0

Well, coming to why I was rejected? Maybe i was a bit too casual for their liking or maybe they didn't like my face(I don't blame them if thats the reason)

However there is still hope for me!

1 comment:

ME said...

My way of viewing the whole thing...
well they have missed a grt student....
just dont care...God has Grt plans for u